Team KH:BBS
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Team KH:BBS

Team who are creating a patch for kingdom hearts

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
ETB Pokémon Fable Nébuleuse : où acheter le coffret dresseur ...
Voir le deal

Theory ^^U

5 participants
AuteurMessage
Yoshio

Yoshio

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 2:27 am

I explained this on espalpsp forum but they didnt care about, because all were focused in the eboot modification.

there it is:

The idea is to make a savestate with pspstates v2 from dark alex in the "disney white screen" with original UMD inserted and runing the ISO from the memory stick.
I found a person in youtube () who wants to help me when his UMD arrives to his home.
Since pspstates can make a exact copy of the RAM at the time you execute it, I see this solution good. What do you think?
Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Masamune-Kakashi

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 3:41 am

I'm not exactly sure how the savestate would help us patch it but you did solve another part of the problem. People are developing a plug-in that will trick the psp into beliving that its is running an UMD instead of an ISO. The only problem is the new save format for 6.20 that won't allow saves from ISO's but the save states should let us save!

I don't want to be harsh on your idea, but I don't quiet understand what the RAM could provide?
JJDawn

JJDawn

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 4:45 am

Okay this is from an amateur's point of view but this is what I think (probably doesn't make ANY sense but here I go!).:

I think that making the savestate would probably help with the patch.
Now, when I re-read some of the stuff in some other forums (if this information is correct, I can't say, I read things too fast), I saw that the game usually freezes:

- Before Boss Battle
- During Saving (?)
and I believe some other place?

Now, when in boss battle..if you usually lose you have the chance to re-try so it sort of auto-saves in a way so the game knows where you have to be to re-try the boss battle
and saving screen, sort of for the same reason (not sure how to explain..)

so by using the savestate which makes an exact copy of the RAM at the time you execute it..can sort of act like that 'auto-save' I mentioned before boss battle

>.< That's all I have...hehe.
http://demyxluver1xxandra.deviantart.com/
Ven

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 6:57 am

Your theory is very plausible. It could get us past the red screens. However, as JJ has mentioned, the AP checks kick in at points further in. Sure, we could get past the red screens, but we won't be able to beat any bosses or save our own data. But hey, it's worth a try. If it works, and there's no working alternative by then, we could have a demo version.
Yoshio

Yoshio

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 7:15 am

At least we CAN have some gameplay, or try to figure out wich part of the savestate link a conditional jump in hex code.
Let´s try, hope I´ll get some results at sunday.
JJDawn

JJDawn

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 7:26 am

Speaking of having a demo. Wasn't there a demo for BBS before it was released?
I can't find it ..(I'm trying to get a feel of how tough the game is and what not)

Hopefully we'll see results by Sunday ^^
http://demyxluver1xxandra.deviantart.com/
Yoshio

Yoshio

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 7:38 am

Yes, the demo exists but it was only playable at jump festa 2009 i though.
Hopefully we will get a taste of bbs this sunday, thanks for your patience ^^
Masamune-Kakashi

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 8:39 am

I understand what you meant now and its a great idea! Its not the perfect solution to the problem but it my give us enough to get off the hackers backs so that they can finish.

On a second note, I just heard that the Plug-in announcement was fake >_<. I think that people are at the point where if they have nothing to give but words, they need to shut the hell up.

Once again good thinking for this get around, and if you could, please post anything you get ASAP, before people lose their minds ^_^ cheers
gray_kaiser

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 2:19 pm

@Yoshiio:

It makes sense. But that means that we need the ISO nad the UMD to play the game...
Yoshio

Yoshio

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 10:20 pm

gray_kaiser a écrit:
@Yoshiio:

It makes sense. But that means that we need the ISO nad the UMD to play the game...

Well, we need some person who have the UMD and that´s all. He/She makes the savestate, share it to us, then we use pspstates plugin to load the savestate and we are done. No need to have the UMD.
Masamune-Kakashi

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitimeMer Jan 20, 2010 11:18 pm

The only problem is that we have to play by that persons stats and equipment :/

Better than nothing though. Thanks before hand =]
Contenu sponsorisé

Theory ^^U Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Theory ^^U   Theory ^^U I_icon_minitime

Theory ^^U
Page 1 sur 1